Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Our First Post-Parenthood Date

Last night, Jordan and I went out on a date for the first time since I had Rylee. Our last date was on our one-year wedding anniversary, two days before she was born. She is now four and a half months old, so it was a long-awaited and much-needed time out together. My mom came over to watch Rylee for us (thanks, Mom!).
We had dinner at a new Italian restaurant in Millbrook/Prattville called Antipastos. We were served fresh bread with an herb butter and Italian house salads while we waited on our main courses. Jordan tried their Chicken Parmesan, and I ordered the Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo. The food was plentiful and delicious, and we were both stuffed when we left.
After dinner, we headed to Build-A-Bear Workshop in Eastdale Mall in Montgomery to "build" a stuffed animal. We decided on a cute monkey, and after it was stuffed and sewed up, we picked out a pretty little outfit to dress it in. We agreed that the monkey was a girl, and we named her Maggie. We intend for her to be a Christmas present for Rylee.
When we finished in Build-A-Bear, we walked around the mall for a little while, holding hands and peeking in different shops. It was nice to spend time together without a car seat and baby and diaper bag in toe. Of course we still missed Rylee, but I knew she was in good hands with my mom. We had a nice evening out, and hopefully we can have another date night soon.

Maggie the Monkey

No comments: