Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Friday, March 16, 2012

Southwestern Spaghetti

Since I know you are loving all the recipes I've been posting lately (Right? You're loving them, right?...), I'm going to post ANOTHER one. And get ready, because I've got two more to share after this. That's right. I'm just blowing your mind, aren't I? You're just so impressed with all this cooking/baking I've been doing lately, huh? I know. Me too. Anyway, this recipe is called Southwestern Spaghetti. I expected it to taste basically just like Steak 'n Shake's Chili Mac Plate. (Have you ever tried that? It was the only thing I used to order from there when I was little. Well, that, and a chocolate milkshake, of course.) It was similar to it, but I have to say the Chili Mac Plate (apparently they actually call it "Chili 3-Way" now... whatever) has a lot more flavor in my opinion. Still, it was another good recipe to try and have on hand for an easy meal idea in the future. Below is the recipe. Follow the link above for the original recipe (as usual, I omitted one or two ingredients).


Southwestern Spaghetti

Ingredients:
8oz. spaghetti noodles, cooked
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
1lb. ground beef
2 garlic cloves, minced
1tsp. chili powder
1/2tsp. cumin
1/2tsp. oregano
1/2tsp. salt
2 (8oz.) cans tomato sauce
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese

Preparation/Baking Instructions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl (or in the pot you boiled the spaghetti in), combine the drained, cooked noodles with milk and egg. Mix well. Pour into the bottom of a greased 9x13-inch casserole dish.
In a large skillet, brown ground beef and garlic. Drain grease. Add chili powder, cumin, oregano, and salt. Stir and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce and cook for 2 more minutes.
Spread the meat sauce evenly over the spaghetti noodles. Top evenly with the cheeses. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.

No comments: